All of the news found in this section is believe to be accurate until notified otherwise. Unless the person sending in the information is a chief, purchasing agent, or sales representative from the dealer, there is no way for me to verify each individual piece of information. If you read any information in which you believe is inaccurate, please email me.
Before sending in apparatus order information: Please verify that it is true and correct. While I know everyone has the best of intentions and mean well, posting order information that is not true can be detrimental. Many chief officers and apparatus dealers read this site and posting an order that has not actually been placed can cause hard feelings and tension between a department, the town, and the sales people. So, please make sure your information is accurate before submitting it. Thank you.
ANNOUNCEMENTS/FOR SALE ITEMS YOU'D LIKE POSTED:
Email me to post your event, benefit, parade, for sale item or if there's just something interesting you'd like to share with everyone. In the interest of keeping clutter down, notices that are not for date specific events (such as on going fundraisers) will be kept online for no longer than 6 months unless I am asked to repost. For Sale items will be kept online for 3 months unless I am asked to repost. If the item is sold, please let me know so I can remove the listing.
Current News has the last 5 weeks worth of news updates. After that the information is disseminated to the Apparatus Deliveries, Deaths, Funding/Orders and Department News pages. Annoucements are posted to this page.
WEST HARTFORD, CT FF/PM JOB OPPORTUNITY
• Who Can Apply: All women and men who meet the following minimum qualifications. The West Hartford Fire Department is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
• Age: Eighteen (18) years of age. Please state your date of birth in the appropriate space on the application. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify your application for the position.
• Education: Graduation from a standard high school or a recognized equivalency.
• License/Certifications: Applicants must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of appointment. Firefighter II (CT Fire Academy Recruit Training Certificate preferred) and NREMT Paramedic or hold valid medical control from a local hospital. All candidates are required to provide evidence of physical ability as certified through the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) prior to appointment. A Firefighter-Paramedic hired and assigned to work as a Firefighter-Paramedic shall remain a licensed Paramedic with Town of West Hartford Sponsor Hospital medical control and maintain the requisite credentials for a minimum period of at least ten (10) ten years following appointment unless reassigned by the Fire Chief or designee.
Must be able to meet and maintain the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Standards for Respiratory Protection (29 CFR 1910.134) as amended.
• Physical Examination: Required prior to appointment and in accordance with departmental standards.
• Drug Testing: Candidates shall be required to submit to a drug test as part of the pre-employment medical examination. Applicants must complete the Drug Testing Supplement to the Employment Application. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify your application for the position.
• Non-Smoking Requirement: Due to the physical demands of this position, the Town of West Hartford requires that all qualified candidates certify that they are non-smokers. Applicants must complete the Non-Smoking Statement. Failure to do so will automatically disqualify your application for the position. Candidates will be required to attest to this fact prior to being certified for eligibility.
• Character Requirement: Candidates must meet the highest legal and ethical standards. No applicant will be accepted with any drug related conviction, felony conviction, conviction for any Class A or Class B misdemeanor or any conviction for domestic violence. Candidates will undergo a rigorous background investigation, before any offer of employment. An applicant may be disqualified for poor employment history, recent use of illegal drugs, or previously undetected criminal activity. Any omission, falsification, fabrication, lie or misleading statement will automatically result in disqualification from further consideration with Town of West Hartford.
The Town reserves the right to limit the number of candidates invited to participate in any part of the process.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ELECTRONICALLY
Applications may be completed by following the link on the, “Jobs” page at www.westhartfordct.gov.
Applications must be completed by Friday, August 7, 2015 unless such date is extended by the Director of Employee Services.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F
Memorial Ride in Honor of Worcester Firefighter Jon Davies
Ride is scheduled for August 16, 2015: CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
McNeilly EMS offering accelerated EMT Course
Accelerated EMT Basic Program running M-F 8-4 for 3 weeks beginning August 10th and as always a 10% for municipal police and fire employees. Registration link: CLICK HERE
From Western Mass EMS
We are writing to invite you to participate in our ninth annual Massachusetts Emergency Medical Services Conference presented by Western Mass EMS to be held at the beautiful MassMutual Convention Center in Springfield, MA on Friday, October 7 and October 8, 2015 with load in for exhibitors on October 6, 2015. The focus of this conference is to highlight topics of interest to EMS providers, ambulance service managers and owners, EMS educators, dispatchers, firefighters, police officers, nurses, doctors and other health care workers.
AGAIN THIS YEAR, 18,000 SQ FT EXHIBITION HALL!
For more information regarding the conference please visit our newly designed website at www.massemsconference.com. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration and you past support! We hope to see you again this year!
Photos of Somerville Auxiliary operating at the Vendomme Hotel Fire Wanted
If anyone has photos of the Somerville Auxiliary Fire Department or their rig operating at the Hotel Vendomme Fire please contact John Connelly at CLICK FOR EMAIL.
Seventh Annual Lt Kenny Fowler Memorial Car Show
Saturday August 8th, 12-3 PM
Action Ambulance (Mass) Paramedic Alex Rose's two year old son Logan unexpectedly passed away. A Go Fund Me page has been established to help the family in their time of grief and difficultly. I've worked with Alex many times in Stoneham and he is a great guy and paramedic. My heart goes out to him and his family. CLICK FOR GO FUND ME PAGE.
2015 63RD IFBA CONVENTION
Adirondack Emergency Vehicles, the Vermont and Upstate New York Ferrara dealership, is looking to hire a part time sales rep in the State of Vermont and any interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.
Lifesaving Resources (www.lifesaving.com) has some ice and water rescue classes coming up in Maine and Massachusetts. Visit their website for further info or to sign up.
Water Rescue Technician Courses:
Swiftwater Rescue Technician Courses:
Haverhill Firefighting Museum Seeks Volunteers and Board Members
Are you interested in the history of firefighting, the history of Haverhill or in museum collections in general? If so, board members at the Haverhill Firefighting Museum are interested in speaking with you. Our museum is home to one of the most extensive collections of firefighting artifacts that Illustrate the history of firefighting in New England from colonial days to present times. Volunteers are needed to help at events, with displays, on the days the museum is open, and for school field trips. For more information about the museum in general, please visit www.HaverhillFirefightingMuseum.org. To learn more about our collection, view the Power Point presentation on the "Support the Museum-Become a Sponsor" page. For more information about volunteer opportunities or about serving on the museum board, please call Cindy at 978-994-1854.